Welcome to the Local Governance Regional Resource Center (LGRRC)
The LGRC is a dynamic, interactive and virtual program that contributes to building the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) as a knowledge centric organization (KCO) and builds learning communities that pursue local governance excellence through knowledge sharing and innovation. LGRC is NOT merely a physical facility, or library, nor is it simply a repository of knowledge products.
The LGRC was established to address the following concerns:
- Need to consolidate the wealth of information on good local governance
- Need to improve access to these knowledge and information
- Need to promote a culture of learning, sharing and replication in local governance
- Need to achieve synergy of efforts in working towards excellence in local governance
- Need to harness people, process, technology in knowledge and information management
- To promote a culture of learning and knowledge sharing in pursuit of sustainable development through excellence in local governance.
- To support DILG in its role as primary catalyst for excellence in local governance.
- To harness the role of DILG as knowledge brokers and facilitators of capacity development in local governance.
BICOL LGRRC VISION & MISSION
The Bicol LGRRC strives to institutionalize the culture of learning and to engage in strategic collaboration through knowledge management and holistic interventions in ensuring effective, responsive and empowered LGUs/communities.
By 2025, a dynamic center championing excellence in local governance through knowledge management.
Five (5) LGRRC Programs
Multi-Media and Information
Develop a well-structured, responsive and updated knowledge products accessible in all multimedia formats for sharing and use by multi-stakeholders.
Provide and promote quality, strategic and responsive capacity development interventions.
Pursue a more inclusive information, education and communication strategy to enhance public awareness on best practices on local governance, citizenship and love of country.
Foster and sustain strong partnership with multi-stakeholders anchored on shared goals towards an effective and efficient knowledge management.
Promote awareness in compliance with laws, rules and regulations and administrative issuances relative to local governance.